Thursday 24 January 2013

Planning the Music Video Shoot

I've set a date for my music video shoot and I cannot wait to finally get started properly on this project. In order to make the shoot as successful as possible, I have had to plan thoroughly the location, actors, setting, props and costume.

I will be filming the music video in a dance studio, where there will be controllable artificial lighting. This will give the scene a cool colour temperature overall, which may well compliment the black and white effects I want to add on in post production. I have obtained photos of the space I will be using and as seen, it looks like the perfect location to film an abstract music video on a low budget.

In terms of actors, I will be playing the part of the boyfriend. My girlfriend will be playing the part of the girlfriend and our friend who is a trained dancer will be helping me out by choreographing a sequence to the song. We are all the same age so it will follow the ideas in my synopsis of wanting to target the age group of 15-21.

The music video will be entirely shot in the dance studio. However, the amateur footage used from the point of view of the couple will show different locations such as:
- A car the couple were travelling on holiday in
- A bedroom they were staying whilst on holiday
- Their shared bedroom at home

This will add another dimension to the characters, making them seem more realistic, thus creating a bond between the audience and the music video.

I have also set out what I wish each of the actors to wear:
Boyfriend: A suit with a jacket and tie
Girlfriend: Black dress with black shoes and red lipstick
Dancer: White ballet wear

I have chosen these costumes to reflect the death of the relationship. The couple will be dressed as if they were going to a funeral of their relationship. Not only that, the contrast when the black and white effect is added will be of a high quality, especially with the camera and lenses I am using.

No comments:

Post a Comment