Friday 14 December 2012

Permission Granted!

I contacted the record company associated with Fightstar in order to gain permission to use "Hide and Seek" as the song for my music video. They responded within a couple of hours stating that I should go ahead with the project, wishing me luck along the way.

Here's what I sent in the email to them:

"Dear Raw Power Management,

I'm wondering whether you can help me with a query regarding 'Search and Destroy Records' - I understand that this was a venture from Raw Power Management when Fightstar recorded their album 'Be Human'. I need to gain permission to use a song that was recorded as a B-Side on their single "The English Way" (Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap) for my A2 Media Studies coursework.

I was wondering whether you could give me any advice on how to go about contacting this label or whether in fact it is the correct thing to do.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me regarding this matter,

Jack Williams - Year 13 Student at The John Roan Sixth Form, London"


Here's their response:

"Hi Jack,
 
Yes we deal with this – this is fine. Good luck with your project.
Kind regards,
Raw Power Management/Search & Destroy Records"

No comments:

Post a Comment